Tuesday, January 18, 2022 -- $94,470.64 (-$2,972.47, -3.05%)
Tuesday, January 18, 2022 -- $94,470.64 (-$2,972.47, -3.05%)
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. My NCLH position was called from me because the $22.50 calls that I sold were exercised because NCLH closed on Friday at $22.96. I only received a total of about $22.73 ($22.50 call price plus $0.23 proceeds from the option), so it, initially, looked like I lost money when NCLH closed at higher than this amount. However, since NCLH plunged to close today at $21.94, I got lucky and did very well on the forced sale. I am back to within $1,000.00 of the intial portfolio. It feels like some all-powerful force is just toying with me.
I continue to think we are quickly working our way through the pandemic with the Omicron variant being the great equalizer (or vaccinator) and this should be a boost to the markets. However, on the flip side, the Fed's tightening fiscal policy and the potentially imminent Russian invasion of Ukraine are putting a significant damper on my optimism. In short, I am perplexed about how much market exposure I really should have.
In the face of such uncertainty I went ahead and initiated a new position by purchasing 200 $5.00 KIND call options for $0.85 each. These options expire on Friday and will be profitable if KIND, which closed today at $5.83 closes on Friday at $5.85.
Comments
Post a Comment